Monday, April 13, 2009

Fun Times...


So Saturday was a bit exciting for us. I'd been having more contractions than normal for about a week, but then on Saturday afternoon they really began to pick up and were coming every 8 minutes and lasting for a good minute or longer. Once that had been going on for a few hours, we decided that it would probably be a good idea to get ahold of the on-call doctor, just in case. Fortunately, my doctor was on call for the weekend and once we got ahold of him he told me to come on in to get checked out. So down to the hospital I went. The sweet nurse who was with us for the first 12 hours of my labor with Bella was there and they put me in the same room where Bella was born (yes, it was a little weird...). They hooked me up to the monitors (which Eva did not enjoy - she tried to hide her heartbeat for quite a while and then tried to kick off the monitors) and monitored my contractions, confirming that they really were happening and it was not just in my head. They checked me and fortunately I was not dilated or anything (which is a big relief after a week of contractions!), but they gave me some medication to stop the contractions anyway. So after 3 hours they sent me home with some medicine to get me through the night should I need it, and fortunately I haven't needed it yet. I have an appointment on Wednesday where we might discuss some sort of modified bed rest, but we'll see.

So it looks like she's willing to stay put for a bit longer, and I might just need to take it easy for a little while. As excited as we all are to meet this new little one, we'd much prefer that she be born just a little closer to the middle of May. :)

No comments: