Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Eva Update

I had my 36 week appointment today and it looks like Little Eva is doing all she can to come see us a little sooner than planned! I'm officially in pre-term labor (I'm having contractions and they're dilating my cervix), but the plan is to try to keep her in for another 10 days or so till I hit the 38 week mark. So I'll be taking my contraction-stopping meds a little more often now and I've been instructed to head down to the hospital as soon as the contractions get any stronger. What's funny is that if the harder contractions strike at the right time, I might be able to not take my blood thinners and I could try for a natural delivery (well, at least there wouldn't be a need to induce me).

So, the next week and a half will be a little nerve wracking I'm sure. Once we get to 38 weeks though I really hope to be able to relax and just wait for her to come! Fortunately we have almost everything ready for her...I just need to finish one more cradle sheet, find Bella a present from Eva (Bella already bought Eva some shoes), and get some snacks to take with us to the hospital and we're set! I also need to get used to the idea that we're having another baby...I should probably put that at the top of my to do list...

1 comment:

Paula said...

I just read your post on the other blog, and I have to say, I really appreciate your forthrightness! I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly and she arrives perfect!