Friday, June 26, 2009

Little Updates

Bella has been saying some interesting things lately, so I thought I'd pass them on.

"Mom, are we going to buy Baby Eva some teeth so that she can eat and drink?"

"Mom, that skirt is too short. You need to go find another one."

She also managed to recite a four line poem to us in the car the other day, and we have no idea where she learned it. We're guessing it's from Winnie the Pooh because it spoke of bees in trees and leaves and such and it just sounded Milne-ish. However, now that I go to search for it, I cannot find it, so I wonder if it really is from Winnie the Pooh. Anyhow, Andrew and I just sort of stared at each other in shock and asked one another where she learned that, and neither of us knew. Maybe I'll try to drag it out of her when she wakes up from her nap.

On the Eva side of things, she is taking after her sister in this particular way, so we're low on cute photos for now. And for those of you who look at Eva and think how chubby she looks and insist that Bella was never this tubby, I encourage you to look here.

On the mom and dad side of things, Andrew is leaving in 9 days for his six weeks in Seattle. I try not to think about it if I can help it. On the upside though, tomorrow is his last day of work (officially unemployed!) so we'll have him all to ourselves next week, save the occasional ambulance run. We're looking forward to lots of time together in preparation for his extended absence.

No comments: