Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Snow.

Apparently Bella really missed having any significant amount of snow this winter.


I was sitting on the couch reading through some emails and looking at some friends' blogs when I thought I smelled baby powder. Odd, I thought. The smell was very faint, but it kept tugging at my mind, trying to get my attention. At one point I even sniffed my shirt, wondering if it was our new fabric softener that was tricking me into thinking that I was smelling baby powder. Eva was asleep in her swing and Bella was watching 101 Dalmatians in her room, so it couldn't be that either of my precious children had been playing with the baby powder. Could it?

I got up to get a rubber band for my hair, and as I came into the hallway Bella greeted me with outstretched hands warning me not to come any further. And my bedroom door was shut, which was an oddity. And then I realized that that tantalizing smell was stronger back here. Uh-oh. Visions of past disasters came into my mind. Then I saw the little white footprints coming out of and going into my bedroom. Apparently she hadn't been watching her movie.

When I walked into my bedroom, Bella informed me that it was snow. Apparently there had been a blizzard that covered everything. Floor. Armoire. Shoes. Diapers. Jewelry. Brand new duvet cover. Pressed into the crevices of my phone. And little toddler hand prints and size 9 footprints embossed in it all. And I just had to laugh. Did I not smell it 20 minutes ago? Had I not learned from those past disasters? Apparently not. So, out came the vacuum and the mop. And into the shower went the 4 year old.

1 comment:

The Blakeys said...

No pictures?? Wow, sounds epic. So, note to self... investigate odd smells immediately. Got it.