Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Really not so bad...

Lest any of you think that my wrecking of the car was anything on the grandiose scale, I present this picture.

The monster fork lift is a little overly dramatic, as the thing drove around perfectly well on its own not 4 hours after the accident (once Andrew and Bryan put that spare tire on, of course).

I am of course not intending to downplay the sheer stupidity of what I did, I just wanted to point out that when a car is deemed a total loss that is not always because one has to pick up the pieces with a dump truck along a one mile stretch of road. We're guessing that the frame must have been damaged and that's what really did it in. Because really, does it look so bad?

3 comments:

The Blakeys said...

Um, yeah, it looks like all it needs is a little duct tape. I guess these sorts of things work out for the good... now you have a nice new huuuuge car for all of the kids that you'll be crankin' out.

Betsy said...

I suppose I should point out that it looked worse when the tire was blown flat. When the vehicle is resting on a flat tire things tend to look a bit more disastrous.

Ammy Becker said...

I think you're insane. It looks awful. But I think it's the vulnerable state in which it appears- lifted up with the fork lift (which is kinda cool too). I'm very sad to see it go but happy for your guys' new ride. You could run over a house!