Friday, May 27, 2011

2 Big Girls

This switch happened a number of months ago, but I think it's still worth mentioning. Both girls are now in their little matching twin beds with matching sheet sets and duvets (topped with choice blankets made by Mom and Grandma), and it's all incredibly cute. Eva looks so tiny and Bella looks so big.

I found the beds on craigslist last summer and sanded them down and painted them. The paint color was named "Scarlet Letter" which I thought very funny for toddler beds! The paint sample looked a lot more crimson but when it first went on the beds I renamed it "Barbie Pink" because, really, it was blinding! But it's mellowed out a bit to a more tame magenta-ish color and it works for them.

Eva did really well for the first few months with being in a big girl bed, but I think since she turned two a week ago she hasn't had one naptime or bedtime without some frequent admonitions to stay in her bed. It's quite the challenge for Andrew and I because the kid is just so darn cute and can stick out her lower lip like no one's business. But she's starting to get the hang of it and we hope to be problem free again here in a week or so.

No comments: