Saturday, June 4, 2011

Young Love

Bella: Mom, when I see Simon next time I will tell him that I  love him because he loves me too.

Me: Oh really? Did he tell you he loves you?

Bella: No....

Me: Well, you shouldn't assume things like that, sweetie. And you should really wait till you're much older and you find a boy who daddy likes and you've gone on lots of dates with him before you tell him you love him.

Bella: Oh alright. I guess we'll have to go to Red Lobster and then I'll tell him that I love him.

3 comments:

The Blakeys said...

It looks like you guys have your work cut out for you.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Haha.... love it! What a character.

Betsy said...

Andrew chatted with her a bit after this and she ended the conversation with, "Dad, next time you see Simon you should tell him your rules." I just laughed and said the same thing, Bess. :)