Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving!

I'm pretty sure I won't get around to posting anything tomorrow, so I'll do a Thanksgiving post tonight!

First and foremost, I am thankful that 8 years ago tonight Andrew proposed and I said yes. I thought he was pretty hot stuff back then, but now I just kind of sit back in awe. When he proposed, he was a sophomore in college studying for his bachelor's degree in Athletic Training. I signed up for this party planning to go as an AT-C's wife. Now, here I am, married to a Physician Assistant (PA-C), AT-C, and ..... *wait for it* ..... the very first Ambulance Based Clinician (ABC) in the state of Idaho. My husband is amazing, and God has blessed us richly.

Next comes my imaginative little 5 year old. It's been strange, adjusting to her being gone for three hours a day. This week I'm thankful to have her home with me where we can sit around all day in our jammies watching TV and playing. I never realized how much fun school vacations can be when you're a grown up!!

Now we come to my energetic 2 year old. It's been a rough week for her - she started out with a cough that then went to croup and now we're treating her for pertussis (no official diagnosis yet, but that's what it's kinda looking like). Today I am thankful that she seems to be improving and isn't coughing up a lung every five minutes. It's so hard to hear them in so much pain! [Right now she's hanging off of my back as Bella tries to "get" her - I love sisters!]

As odd as it may sound, I'm also thankful for a baby in Heaven. I'm thankful that I can know without a doubt that that's where our Amara is, and I am looking forward to the day when I get to meet him/her. I am thankful for the promises that were made clear to us in Amara's death and the multitude of ways in which God has shown us His grace and mercy in the months since we said goodbye.

And last but not least, I am thankful for my first rib jabs today from our newest little addition. Baby tends to stay lower, but as I was hunched over and painting my nails this afternoon I guess my ribs started invading Baby's space a bit and she let me know with a very distinct kick to the ribs. Silly little thing. :) She's been quite active all day, actually (maybe it's just those bones ossifying), and I've been getting lots and lots of fun little kicks and rolls all over. I can't wait till she "tastes" Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow - I'm sure it'll be a circus in there then!

I'm also thankful today for the energy (thank you 2nd trimester!) to put together my share of contributions to Thanksgiving dinner! This year we'll have Spiced Apple Cake with Eggnog Sauce, Pumpkin Cheesecake with Marshmallow-Sour Cream Topping and Gingersnap Crust, Cinnamon Palmiers, and Navan Chocolate Truffles for dessert and I'll also be making Garnet Yams with Maple Syrup and Maple-Sugar Streusel along with a big huge heaping bowl of creamy, make-it-up-as-you-go mashed potatoes. :) It'll be a feast! Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: