Thursday, August 29, 2013

Swim Fun

The girls finished up their first round of swimming lessons last week! They both did really well and though one of them doesn't quite get to advance to the next "level" next year, they both are much more comfortable in the water than they were at the beginning of the lessons! I don't have many photos (didn't quite want to be that weird parent with the zoom lens at the pool....), but I do have this quick video mashup of Eva jumping off of the diving board three times. Big stuff for a little 4 year old!


After 2 weeks of chlorine, I did a little "at home chlorine removal hair treatment" this afternoon. Yes, lessons ended a week ago and they've both bathed since then, but better late than never, right?! So I took them both outside and baking-soda-pasted the stuffing out of their hair. Then I rinsed them with the garden hose which they found hilarious and frigid all at the same time. Then I combed argan oil through their hair. Eva asked why I was putting oil in their hair and I told her that it would make her hair smooth and beautiful. Her eyes went wide and she asked, "Beautiful like a mom? In a dress?!" Yes, my dear, beautiful like a mom. :)

No comments: