Friday, August 29, 2014

First Day of School

The girls had their first day of school on Monday. Bella started 3rd grade and Eva started Kindergarten.

Bella was excited to start, which is a first for her! She settled right in. This year she starts Latin, and somewhat to our surprise, she totally loved it! I can't say I ever really expected her to put Latin up there with Art. She walked in the door Monday afternoon and greeted me with "Salve!" meaning "hello" or "good health". On Tuesday she wanted the task of walking Sister to her classroom in the morning, so I followed behind while they walked in together. So. Cute.

Eva also settled right in. She was SO excited. Somehow she'd missed the memo that school started on Monday, so she came into my room on Sunday morning crying that she couldn't go to swimming lessons that day. I reminded her that there were never swimming lessons on Sundays, but that school started the next day. She asked which school (I guess there was some confusion after VBS, ballet camp, and swimming lessons this summer) and when I told her Kindergarten school she just squealed and was so so excited! We got into the classroom and she sat right down, wrote her name on the coloring page her teacher had set out for her, and got to coloring. No big deal. Just my baby girl starting school.


So now it's just the boys and I at home in the mornings! Aaron has taken a sudden and strong interest in Legos (maybe because we've watched the Lego Movie twice now?), so he has entertained himself with legos on the coffee table in the mornings and has been more into Legos than we have ever seen him into anything else. Oh, and the Lego EMT in the Lego ambulance? His name is "Daddy". We went and took half of the tub of Legos from my parents' house and we have ALL been enjoying them all week! Andrew has built space ships and cars while I spent my time building a medieval castle. Aaron may have also pulled Andrew away from some computer work to come play with him once or twice...

Another fun thing this week....Andrew has the week off! He took one of his vacation weeks this week, which has been suuuuper awesome. It has been so nice having him here to see the girls off to the first day of school and take them both out for ice cream afterward and all. His typically longer hours don't give him a lot of chances to see first days of school and such, so this has been really nice for everybody. Mental note: always take the first week of school off in the future!!

No comments: