Sunday, January 31, 2010

Bella the Artist

Bella has been wowing us lately with her artistic skills. The other morning she brought me her magna-doodle to show me the person that she'd drawn. There was a circle with arms and legs and eyes and - so we would know it was a girl - eyelashes.

She now writes B, E, H, L, O, Q, and X. We taught her B, E, and X, but she picked up the others on her own. She's also able now to see letters when we're out and about and identify them along with the sounds they make. Again, I did not teach her this but attribute it entirely to her Leap Frog Letter Factory DVD. Who says TV is bad?!?

This morning, she came to show me the tree she'd drawn. Brown line (trunk) with a mass of green (the leaves) on top. Maybe this is normal for kids her age, I don't know, but it seems like she's just all of a sudden blossomed into this amazingly intuitive little artist with little or no help from me. Andrew and I just kinda sit back and shake our heads in amazement...

No comments: