Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Five Years!

Today our firstborn turns 5. Before I go to pictures, let me present a few numbers. Today is Bella's 1,826th day out and about, which means that it is also my 1,826th day as a mother. That just seems amazing to me - amazingly short! Really? Only that many days? I guess I just can't remember the roughly 8,320 days of my life when I wasn't a mom. What was THAT like? Also, Bella is now roughly a quarter of the way through her life here at home with us. We are a quarter of the way "done" raising her. While some would argue that the majority of the raising is done in the early years and others would argue that you're never actually done, we'll just even it out and say that we'll be done when she's about 20 and we're already a quarter of the way there. That also means though that we're a quarter of the way to the time when our role will change (Lord willing) from "mostly just parents" to "mostly just friends". I look forward to that and pray that what we're doing now will make that time especially sweet.

Now for the pictures and actual birthday stuff. Five years ago today...

4 years ago...

3 years ago...

2 years ago...
1 year ago...
And today...

More pictures of this year's birthday party to come in a few days. Happy Birthday to our big girl!!

No comments: