Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Oh Happy Day!

After 6 years of doing laundry at either my parents' house or at the coin-op laundry at our various apartment buildings, we finally have our very own washer and dryer!

I suddenly feel so grown up. :) This was my Valentine's Day/birthday present from Andrew, and while some may turn their nose up at home appliances as romantic/birthday gifts, I certainly do not! Somehow I managed to remain very content with our laundry situation for 6 years, right up until a few days after Andrew told me to pick out a set. Then I all of a sudden could not understand how I had survived for so long like that. Now I no longer have to set aside a day to spend at my parents' doing laundry or (the more expensive alternative) trudging back and forth to the main building here to pay $2.50 per load of laundry. 

This comes at such a perfect time for us as I'm really not up to lugging around 6 baskets of laundry at 32 weeks pregnant. No. Thank. You. Plus, the nesting hormones have arrived early this time and I am really really enjoying being able to wash as much stuff as I want as often as I want! Curtains look a little dingy? Throw 'em in! Sheets smelling a little less fresh than I would like? Just wash them! Perfect! So easy! I am so loving this. Plus, once Little Aaron Gabriel arrives (have we mentioned yet that that's his name?), it'll be really handy for washing all of those little clothes and blankets!

People have already said, "Yeah, you'll love it for about a week." I know laundry won't be exciting forever, but I think that after 6 years I'll probably be loving it for a little longer than a week. Probably 3 or 4. And then when Aaron is born and I don't have to haul 3 kids + 6 baskets of laundry over to my parents', I'll fall in love with my new machines all over again. Thanks, Babe! 

Oh, and Mom and Dad, this doesn't mean we won't be coming over anymore. We'll just actually wait for you to invite us now. ;)

No comments: