Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Our Big Boy

I had my 36 week growth ultrasound today and we had some somewhat startling news... his head is already measuring 41 weeks! The girls both had large heads at their last ultrasounds (and at birth!) but they were never five weeks ahead! Eva measured 3+ weeks ahead, and I think that's roughly what Bella measured as well.

So, we're not sure exactly what this might end up meaning. It's safe to assume that he is now the size that the girls were when they were born (at 38 weeks + 6 days and 38 weeks + 2 days, respectively), but he's not "due" for another 4 weeks, and my induction is still set for 3 weeks from yesterday. I'm guessing that that induction date *might* change at my appointment next week though. I will admit that I had been considering trying to do it without pain meds this time around, but as soon as I saw that "41" on the screen I knew that I would be enlisting the services of our favorite anesthetist whenever this little guy comes.

No comments: