Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Baby Update

This is a few days late, but better late than never! :) We had our first appointment with our OB last Friday which included that much anticipated ultrasound. Praise be to God, everything looked great!
Baby is still quite blobby looking, but has a great heartbeat of 164 bpm and is even measuring a few days ahead, which is great news for us. I think this was the first ultrasound I actually cried at! I was relieved to see the first glimpses of our baby, but seeing that little flicker of a heartbeat was definitely the biggest thing. So wonderful. So powerful. And so easily taken for granted. Praise God for tiny little muscles, only a few millimeters round, that sustain life. What a work of art.

Other big news from this appointment was that I am using Lovenox instead of unfractionated heparin this time around. For the Eva & Aaron, I used heparin because it was cheaper and we did not have great insurance at the time. But I had to take it twice a day. So this time we asked about taking Lovenox (well, really the generic enoxaparin) and decided with our OB to give it a go. 5 years ago, there was no generic form available which had contributed to its expense, but now we have the generic which is fantastic news for us. We are able to get a month's supply of enoxaparin for $10 with our insurance, which is 99% off of the before-insurance price. So great. And taking these shots once a day is a dream. Sure, it's still no fun to have to jab myself in the stomach once a day, but it's only. once. a. day. I do them in the mornings and every evening I think "Oh, I have to do my second shot before I go to bed. Oh wait! No I don't!" So fantastic. Toward the end of my pregnancy with Aaron they were getting very difficult to gear myself up for, so I think this should really help with some of that end of pregnancy craziness. ;)

So praise God for good news! We are so glad that this appointment went well and we are able to give a positive update. Please continue to lift us and our tiny baby up in your prayers though, as July is still a long way away! 

No comments: