Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Baby's First Picture

We've had a few concerning things over the past week, so my doctor ordered an ultrasound and blood tests for me. We'll get the results of the final blood tests tomorrow, but the ultrasound today was encouraging! Baby is still too small to see, but we could see the gestational sac (just 1.4 cm by .7 cm - so tiny!) and the yolk sac inside, so that's good news for 5 weeks 2 days! Here is Baby's first picture, even though Baby isn't quite visible:

The grey you see inside the gestational sac is actually the edges of the yolk sac, it just got a little distorted.

Your prayers are still very much appreciated and asked for. The little scares we have had have kept me on the couch for the past week or so, but there really is very little we can do at this point but pray. So keep 'em coming!

I'll take a moment now to praise my wonderful husband. When he's not at work or on ambulance calls, he's been taking care of everything here at home for me like a champ. Dishes, laundry, general cleaning, and keeping the kids fed and dressed and in line. He's been a total lifesaver and I am so thankful to have him by my side through all of this! 

1 comment:

Melissa Joy said...

I am thankful to see this glimpse into your sacred space, to witness some of God's glorious works!!
You and your entire family remain in my prayers.